Learning At Home
Our Learning At Home website has been designed to support you and your child with their learning when schools are open, when there are unexpected school closures or if your child is unable to attend school.
Using your feedback we've pooled a variety of resources to supplement the learning that takes place in schools. This website is designed to be a support to you as a parent and to compliment the information that comes to you from your child's school.
Our aim is to provide you with guidance, learning resources and fun activities to try out with your children during the school holidays and weekends on our beautiful island. Our focus is to seek out either free or low cost ideas using recycled materials where possible.
Our guiding principles are:
- to focus on children and their learning and development
- to provide guidance and information to parents to help them support their child's learning and development
- to help parents understand the education system in Jersey
- to adapt and be flexible to changes in the education system and society
- to be inclusive and to provide for Jersey's diverse population
- to be outward-facing and to promote the distinctiveness of Jersey
- to include the latest safety, health and wellbeing information
Our website will continue to grow and change, guided by feedback from you. We encourage you to use our feedback feature and let us know what you think and make suggestions.
Helping children in their learning process requires a partnership and we're keen to work with you.
Early Years Foundation Stage pages for families and carers of children in nursery and reception
Primary School page for families and carers of young people learning in years 1 - 6
Secondary School page for the families and carers of young people learning in years 7 - 9