About Learning At Home
Support for you and your child
There are different occasions when you may need a helping hand in finding additional activities for your child to do at home to supplement what their school provides. This may include when your child's normal attendance at school is disrupted, during school holidays or you may just wish to help them extend their learning further. For these occasions in particular, you can access the learning resources, activities and advice provided on this website to support your child at home.
How 'Learning At Home' can help
'Learning At Home' has been designed to support you in understanding aspects of what your child will learn.
We will provide you with guidance, learning resources and some fun activities to try out. We will also give you ideas for getting out and about on our beautiful Island and provide some activities for you to attempt during the school holidays. Our focus is to seek out either free or low cost ideas using recycled materials where possible.
This website has been created with the purpose of supplementing the significant work schools do to support parents, carers and pupils. It is not designed to replace work done by schools, in the same way that you are not expected to replace your child’s teacher.
'Learning At Home' is overseen by a committee of members from both the Department of Children, Young People, Education and Skills, other Government of Jersey departments and arms-length organisations. Together the committee members operate to govern the website and to ensure it works towards achieving the following guiding principles:
- to focus on children and their learning and development
- to be inclusive and to provide for Jersey's diverse population
- to provide content directly related to supporting the learning of children and to help parents to understand the education system in Jersey
- to adapt and be flexible to changes in education and society
- to be outward-facing and to promote the distinctiveness of Jersey
- to include the latest safety, health and wellbeing information
- to provide guidance and information to parents to help them support their child's learning and development in the best way they can.
Please use our feedback feature to let us know if there is anything that you would like to see on our website.